YMCA of the Rockies is hosting their 2nd Annual Family Winter Mountaineering and Backcountry Weekend.
Let nature inspire your family fitness from March 3-5! YMCA of the Rockies is the perfect place to mountaineer with your family into Rocky Mountain National Park. Take part in family snowshoe hikes, backcountry ski meet ups, outdoor winter survival trainings, winter ecology hikes, and much more. Learn from guest speakers and adults and children alike can play in the Activity Hall!
A keynote address will be given on Saturday evening by The Courvreux family from "A Climbing Party of Four."
Check out the whole schedule!
The YMCA of the Rockies is proud to partner with the Estes Park Mountain Shop and Kent Mountain Adventure Center to provide quality programing for this fun and informative weekend. All listed activities, with the exception of select excursions are free for guests staying in lodge rooms or cabins. For guests staying in off-grounds accommodations and members of the Estes Park community are welcome to purchase day passes for $20/person ages 13 and up to participate in the weekend events. For more information visit ymcarockies.org or call 970-583-3341.
Dine Around Estes is once again happening in Estes Park!
This year 20 restaurants from around town will be offering tasting plates every Thursday from 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm in March (the 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd & 30th of March). Each week their tasting plate menus will be different. Take a moment on Thursday evenings to taste foods from restaurants you haven't yet tried - or enjoy a favorite restaurant's tasting plate again. Each tasting plate costs $5, so you can try several different restaurants in one evening. Here are the restaurants that are participating and their addresses and phone numbers:
- El Mex Kal Mexican Restaurant - 160 1st St. (970) 586-4377
- Smokin' Daves BBQ & Taphouse - 820 Moraine Ave.(970) 577-7427
- You Need Pie! Diner & Bakery- 509 Big Thompson Ave. (970) 577-7437
- Peppers Mexican Grill - 401 E. Elkhorn Ave. (970) 577-0032
- Sweet Basilico - 430 Prospect Village Dr. (970) 586-3899 (except 3/30)
- Estes Park Brewery - 470 Prospect Village Dr.(970) 586-5421
- Big Horn Restaurant - 401 W. Elkhorn Ave (970) 586-2792
- Cafe de Pho Thai - 225 W. Riverside Drive (970) 577-0682
- Claire's On The Park - 225 Park Lane (970) 586-9564
- The Grubsteak - 134 W. Elkhorn (970) 586-8838
- Ed's Cantina - 390 E. Elkhorn (970) 586-2919
- La Cabana Bar & Grill - 165 Virginia Drive (Top of Courtyard Shops) (970) 586-1156
- Snowy Peaks Winery - 292 Moraine Ave. (970) 586-2099
- Hunter's Chop House - 1690 Big Thompson Ave. (970) 586-6962
- Baba's Burgers - 861 Moraine Ave. (970) 586-1171
- Chicago's Best - 112 W. Elkhorn Ave. (970) 586-4796
- Cinnamon's - 920 W. Elkhorn (970) 480-1501
- American Legion - 850 N. St. Vrain (970) 586-6118
- Fajita Rita's - 1560 Big Thompson Ave (970) 577-7482
- Cousin Pat's Pub & Grill - 451 S. St. Vrain (970) 586-7287