Finding a Campsite Last Minute
If you're looking for a last minute campsite in Rocky Mountain National Park, here are some tips:
All the campgrounds inside the park offer first-come first-serve opportunities without reservations.
- They can fill quickly, so a good number to call for same day information on campgrounds is (970) 586-1206, the official number of Rocky Mountain National Park. They can direct you.
- If you have advanced notice, to make a reservation, call (877) 444-6777 or visit www.reserveamerica.com.
- Search for both 'Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado' & 'Estes Park, CO' as they reserve state campgrounds near RMNP as well as campgrounds inside the Park.
- Check Estes Park commercial RV & Campground Businesses.
Below is a list of the five campgrounds in RMNP:
With RV & tent sites:
- Timber Creek on the west or Grand Lake side of the Park – 98 sites, Region 1
- Aspenglen on Fall River Road (Highway 34) – 54 sites, Region 3
- Moraine Park on Bear Lake Road (off of Highway 36) – 245 sites, Region 4
- Glacier Basin on Bear Lake Road, 6 miles south of the Beaver Meadows Entrance – 150 sites, 13 group sites, Region 4
Tent sites only:
- Longs Peak off of Highway 7 south of Estes Park – 26 sites, Region 5