Stanley Hotel Horror Film Festival
The Stanley Film Fest is Back with New Themed Events, April 24-27!
Reveling in all films horror, this film festival features the best of this frightful genre and celebrates the Stanley’s history as creepy inspiration for Stephen King’s “The Shining”. The festival line-up has been announced and passes are still available! Film fanatics will get the chance to hob-nob with Hollywood actors, producers, directors and screenwriters during the festival events April 24-27.
A variety of horror films and documentaries will be shown at the Stanley Hotel, Reel Mountain Theater and at the Historic Park Theatre. Attendees will also experience Q & A sessions with industry leaders, film premiers, book signings, special events and incredible parties.
Additional festival events include:
● HORROR IMMERSION GAME: Bleeding seamlessly into the atmosphere of fear and suspense the Stanley Film Festival has announced the Inaugural Immersive Horror Game, a real horror/mystery narrative using the Festival itself as its medium. Those who follow the clues opt in to the game, becoming the protagonists of an engaging and creepy interactive thriller culminating in an irreproducible climax you can never unsee.
● Glass Eye Pix Presents TALES FROM BEYOND THE PALE: THE STANLEY EDITION, Saturday, April 26 at 4:45PM: An ongoing series of audio dramas penned by luminaries from the world of contemporary horror from JT Petty (HELLBENDERS) to Simon Barrett (YOU'RE NEXT), and Kim Newman (ANO DRACULA), featuring players from Ron Perlman (HELLBOY), to Angus Scrimm (PHANTASM), and Mark Margolis (AMERICAN HORROR STORY). The Stanley edition will feature performers culled from the film lineup. Join horror impresarios Glenn McQuaid and Larry Fessenden as they invite you to close your eyes and... listen. Learn more at talesfrombeyondthepale.com.
● DEAD RIGHT HORROR TRIVIA HOSTED BY FANGORIA ENTERTAINMENT AND SHOCKTILYOUDROP.COM, Friday, April 25, 6:30PM: Do you consume horror as voraciously as zombies eat flesh? The hit Los Angeles horror event comes to the Stanley Film Festival! Join Fangoria's Rebekah McKendry and ShockTillYouDrop.com's Ryan Turek and test your horror knowledge in eight rounds of terrifyingly titillating trivia. Scare yourself with how much you actually know about horror. Trivia will be held early Friday evening at the Wheel Bar in Estes Park. Come with a team or join one there. All are welcome. Pre-register online.
● EYE HEART BRAINS ZOMBIE CRAWL, Saturday, April 26, 11:00AM: When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth. And, now you can too. Converge upon the Stanley Film Festival in style by participating in a good ol' fashioned Zombie Crawl hosted by Eye Heart Brains, purveyors of the world's largest zombie gatherings. The death march will move along The Stanley Hotel grounds and through the neighboring streets of Estes Park in search of brains.
● BIG WHEEL DEATH RACE, Sunday, April 27, 1:00PM: Guests will race through the expansive grounds of the Stanley Hotel on their very own adult sized big wheel, just like Danny Torrance. Festival pass holders will have an opportunity to race using adult sized big wheels on a course that runs the grounds of the Stanley Hotel. Registration will take place at the guest relations table for teams of four for a relay style race between 32 teams to determine one winner who will walk away with a complimentary stay at the Stanley Hotel.