Seasons | When to Come
Every season, every reason, always Estes!
- Summer is the prime season for Estes Park. Native Americans discovered this valley ten thousand years ago and spent summers here to enjoy the wonderful wildlife and weather. This summer migration continues today. Come and join us for the perfect summer holiday in the mountains!
- Fall is absolutely wonderful. The aspen leaves turn golden, the elk bugle in the meadows (and golf courses), the bighorn sheep butt heads on the mountain slopes, the sky is bright blue, the air is crisp and fall festivals enliven the town.
- Holidays are a particularly festive time. Come for a Thanksgiving feast at a local restaurant, the Catch the Glow parade through town, Christmas shopping specials and New Year's celebrations.
- Winter is the prime wildlife watching season. Also snowshoeing, skiing, sledding, hiking, birding, fireside trysts, blue skies, sunshine and quiet.
- Spring brings our biggest snows, mild temperatures, wildflowers, new fawns, elk calves, bighorn lambs. New green grass brings the wildlife to roadsides for close encounters with wildlife watchers.
Visit our Specials pages to find seasonal packages and special offers.
Check the to see what's up in Estes now. Join us for one of Estes Park's annual festivals.