Winter is the perfect time and Estes Park is the perfect place for:
- Snowshoeing With the advent of smaller, lighter snowshoes, this is one of the fastest growing sports in America and the Park has wonderful, scenic trails to explore. For an unforgettable experience, join a Ranger for a Full Moon Walk on snowshoes!
- Wildlife Watching Many animals move to the lower elevation of town for winter food. Elk like the golf course. Deer, our shrubs. Check out the pictures section for recent wildlife photos.
- Cross Country & AT Skiing High trails in the National Park are scenic cross country ski trails in the winter and great places to explore on AT Skis.
- Hiking Low trails in the National Park that accumulate little snow are open for winter hikes.
- Ice Skating There are several ponds that are popular for skating, and Estes Park has a man-made skating rink downtown.
- Sledding & Tubing Hidden Valley in the National Park are popular sledding/tubing areas.
- Snowcat Tour Sign up for a private snowcat tour on Twin Sisters
- Downhill Skiing Eldora ski area is just an hour south on the Peak to Peak Scenic Byway
Winter Weather Averages. These businesses are open in the winter to welcome you:
Stay two nights, get the third night free! Hot tub cabins and cozy suites right in the trees. Full kitchens, fireplaces, wildlife. Hike from your front door. Free snowshoe rental. Don't ski? Come see Estes Park! Timber Creek Chalets Details
Rent 2 nights and get one FREE! -or- Receive 15% off a two night stay! Applies to any reservation, now through April 15th. Not valid with other offers. Must call to receive the discount. Cannot be applied to existing reservations. Valhalla Resort Details
Stay two nights, get the third night free (October 15 through May 21). Hot tub units, Jacuzzi suites, riverside condos. Full kitchens, fireplaces, wildlife, great views. Come see the beauty of Estes Park in winter! Fawn Valley Inn Details
Welcome to the very romantic world of Della Terra. We offer 14 luxury suites with fireplaces, waterfalls, large soaking bathtubs, private balconies w/ hot tubs, spa facilities, & much more. Reserve any 2 consecutive nights, weekdays (Sun-Thu) $165 - $215; weekends (Fri-Sat) $195 - $245. Valid 11/1/2013 through 4/30/2014 (excluding holidays). Reservations must be made online. Della Terra Mountain Chateau Details
Stay two nights, get the third night free! Hot tub cabins and cozy cottages all with a beautiful mountain view. Full kitchens, fireplaces, wildlife. Close to everything. Don't ski? Come see Estes Park! Lazy R Cottages Details
Cuddle up for a quiet fireside getaway. Venture forth on a snowshoe trek. Go sledding in the mountains. Watch the elk, deer and bighorn sheep that move down into our neighborhood in the wintertime. Browse the shops in town. Click the gotroom? icon above to see great off-season rates for cottages, suites and vacation homes on the river bordering Rocky Mountain National Park. Castle Mountain Lodge on Fall River Details
Panoramic mountain views and richly-appointed condos await you! Relax in spacious, modern one- two- and three-bedroom units with hot tubs, kitchens, fireplaces, and free Wi-Fi. Restaurant, lounge, and the historic Marys Lake Lodge just steps away. Marys Lake Vacation Condos Details
Nestled between the cool clear waters of Fall River & the granite peak of Old Man Mountain, Streamside is one of Rocky Mountains' most unique resorts. Nineteen luxury cabinsuites are located well off the road among seventeen acres of pine and aspen. Streamside on Fall River Details