Get the most by going with a local guide!
Not only can you focus on looking instead of driving, but tours are designed to take you to the best spots at the best times of day for observing nature and wildlife.
Rocky Mountain Conservancy is a non-profit partnering with the National Park Service & Rocky Mountain National Park, offering educational adventures by bus.
A traveler’s tip: take the RMC Journey to the Top! – A Trail Ridge Road Bus Adventure. Enjoy the other-worldly Continental Divide views along America’s highest continuous paved highway, and relax in a comfortable, climate controlled bus while someone else does the driving. Wednesdays & Thursdays June -Sept.
Additional Routes: Grand Lake Safari (Tuesdays), Sunset Safari (Fridays), Elk Expeditions (Thurs, Fri, Sat & Mon Sept- Oct ), From Meadow to Treeline (every other Sunday), Peak to Peak – Historical Hwy 7 (every other Sunday), East Across the Divide (Saturday).
Summer tours start in June and run through early September. Call 970-586-3262 to register for Bus Tours or Educational Seminars. Entrance into the Park is included in the registration fee.
- From Meadow to Treeline Join a naturalist guide on a trip through the low elevations of the Park.
- Peak to Peak: Historical Hwy 7 Adventure – Cultural history and signficant landmarks on the Peak to Peak Byway.
- Journey to the Top – along Trail Ridge Road, the nation’s highest continuous paved highway.
- Grand Lake Safari – a unique overview of the park’s history, flora, fauna, & geology as you cross the Continental Divide to the west side of the Park.
- Sunset Safari – discuss geology, flora, fauna and the cultural history of Rocky over Trail Ridge Road during the calmness of dusk.
- East Across the Divide: A Trail Ridge Road Bus Adventure – starts in Grand Lake.
- Elk Exhibitions (mid-Sept through mid-Oct) – View the fall elk rut with a professional guide to interpret activity and answer questions.
- Wintertime Wonders Bus Tour On-Demand. Join a naturalist guide on a trip through the Park in wintertime.