Hiking is one of the greatest outdoor activities because people of all ages and abilities can enjoy it together – it’s like walking, with a view!
Because there are lots of amazing wildlife, spectacular views, pure mountain air, and sparkling alpine lakes, hiking in the Colorado Rockies is some of the best in the U.S.
Even more, Rocky Mountain National Park has over 350 miles of great trails!
There are trails for everyone from an handicap accessible trail around a beautiful lake, to a strenuous trail topping out over 12,000 ft!
In fact, whatever your adventure level is, you’ll love exploring in these mountains. Their scale is grand, and their alpine tundra unmatched.
Here are some ideas to get you started.
- 11 easy hikes for the whole family
- Take a short nature walk around a peaceful mountain lake
- Take a family hike with the Dog
- Follow a Self-Guided centennial tour through 3 historic meadows
- Come for high altitude mountaineering and climbing in RMNP
- Sign up for an Inn-to-inn hiking tour that’s just perfect for the adventurer who prefers a bed to a tent
- Plan a Multi-day backpack along the Continental Divide the weeks of June 26 and August 28, 2022
- Try Geocaching with the Across the Divide GeoTour
- Get a copy of the best hiking guidebook for trails in the Park
Guided Hiking Companies & Great Places for Hikers to Stay
3D View of the popular trails in the Bear Lake basin gives an idea of the grand scale of these mountains!
Want to explore even more trails from your computer?
The Rocky Mountain Channel App has short videos of favorite trails. Download the app onto your mobile phone and get directions to the trailhead from your current location.
Here’s a list of hikes that have been set up with Google Trekker views.