Hiking is one of the greatest outdoor activities because people of all ages and abilities can enjoy it together – it’s like walking, with a view!
Because there are lots of amazing wildlife, spectacular views, pure mountain air, and sparkling alpine lakes, hiking in the Colorado Rockies is some of the best in the U.S.
Even more, Rocky Mountain National Park has over 350 miles of great trails!
There are trails for everyone from an handicap accessible trail around a beautiful lake, to a strenuous hike topping out over 12,000 ft!
In fact, whatever your adventure level is, you’ll love hiking, climbing, backpacking, and exploring in these mountains.
Here are some ideas to get you started.
- 11 easy hikes for the whole family
- Take a short nature walk around a peaceful mountain lake
- Follow a Self-Guided centennial hike through 3 historic meadows
- Come for high altitude mountaineering and climbing in RMNP
- Sign up for an Inn-to-inn hiking tour that’s just perfect for the adventurer who prefers a bed to a tent
- Plan a Multi-day backpack along the Continental Divide
- Take a family hike with the Dog
- Try Geocaching with the Across the Divide GeoTour