Reservations to Enter Rocky Mountain National Park
Needed between May 27 and October 10, 2022
Timed Entry Permit Reservations are required along with a park pass/entrance fee in order to enter Rocky Mountain National Park if you’re visiting from May 27 through October 10, 2022.
Depending on where you want to go in the Park, there are two options for your Timed Entry Permit:
- Bear Lake Road Corridor on the east side of the Park (includes the rest of the Park) between 5am and 6pm
- Park access without Bear Lake Road between 9am and 3pm
For details to help you decide which option to choose click here: Which permit to choose?.
Access to camping, guided trips, or commercial tours do not need a Timed Entry Reservation, as well as access outside the reserved hours.
You will also need a Park Pass or pay an Entrance Fee. Inter-agency passes for Seniors, Military, Volunteer, 4th Grade, Access, or Annual are honored. Rocky Annual Pass, or one or seven day entrance fees are available.
When and Where can I get my Timed Entry Permit Reservation?
Reservations to enter the park will go on sale through www.recreation.gov basically one month in advance, first-come first-served.
- Reservations will become available on May 2 at 10 a.m. (MDT) for reservations to enter the park from May 27 through June 30.
- Reservations will become available on June 1, at 10 a.m. (MDT) for reservations to enter the park during the month of July (and any remaining days that have not been booked for June).
- Reservations will become available on July 1, at 10 a.m. (MDT) for reservations to enter the park during the month of August (and any remaining days that have not been booked for July).
- Reservations will become available on August 1, at 10 a.m. (MDT) for reservations to enter the park during the month of September (and any remaining days that have not been booked for August).
- Reservations will become available on September 1, at 10 a.m. (MDT) for reservations to enter the park during the month of October (and any remaining days that have not been booked for September).
What if I didn’t plan ahead?
If you’ve missed the window to get your summer online reservation, about a quarter of permits will be held and available for purchase online the day prior at 5 p.m. through recreation.gov. These are expected to sell out quickly and visitors are encouraged to plan ahead when possible.
Entry Reservation Tickets are also available:
- by calling the Reservation Line: 877-444-6777
- Reservation International: 606-515-6777
- Reservation Line (TDD) 877-833-6777
- or by using the recreation.gov mobile app (iOS/Android).
Reservations are NOT available at park entrance stations or park offices.
Timed Entry Permit Reservations are free but recreation.gov charges a nonrefundable $2 reservation processing fee.
TIP: Make life easier by setting up a Recreation.gov account in advance and securing a Timed Entry Permit Reservation before you arrive at the park. Timed Entry helps reduce crowding during Summer and Fall in popular areas of the Park.