Colorado Hiking | Estes Park Hiking Trails
Hiking is one of the greatest outdoor activities because people of all ages and abilities can enjoy it together - it's like walking, with a view!
With amazing and plentiful wildlife, spectacular vistas, pure mountain air, and sparkling alpine lakes, Colorado hiking is some of the best in the U.S.
There are hiking trails in Rocky Mountain National Park for everyone! Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Short nature walk around a peaceful mountain lake
- Guided centennial hike through 3 historic meadows
- High altitude mountaineering and climbing in RMNP
- Inn-to-inn hiking tour just perfect for the adventurer who prefers a bed to a tent
- Multi-day backpack along the Continental Divide
- Family hike with the Kids
- Geocache with the Across the Divide GeoTour
- Explore these hikes available via Google Trekker online in both Estes Park and RMNP
The following businesses can help you maximize your hiking time in Rocky Mountain National Park.
Leave the fast lane, cross our covered bridge to simple serenity in a cozy cottage, suite or vacation home in towering pines along Fall River. Bask in hot tub bubbles. Warm to the scent and sizzle of a wood-burning fireplace. Fall asleep to the river's lullaby. Roam 30 acres adjoining Rocky Mountain National Park. Enjoy the serendipity of wandering wildlife and friendly gatherings in our library. Castle Mountain Lodge on Fall River Details
Enjoy year-round hiking from your door when you stay at Swiftcurrent Lodge on the Big Thompson River! You'll be located on the border of RMNP where you take a short walk through the woods to begin your Rocky Mountain National Park hiking adventures. You won't need a car, or spend time looking for a trailhead parking space. 2 Seasonal Hiking Shuttle Bus stops less than 1 mile away.
Our outdoor adventure company and full, pro-line flyshop offer guided day hikes, Longs Peak trips, backpacking, fly fishing, horseback/fly fishing, and llama pack trips, as well as snowshoeing trips in winter. We are family owned and operated.
Our property borders Rocky Mountain National Park - hike right from your cabin! Map of local trails available at check in. Full kitchen, living room, and fireplace in all cabins for evening downtime. Private decks & gas grills. Enjoy the views and the frequent wildlife visits. Some units include hot tubs or use the office hot tub at no extra charge. Open year round. Valhalla Resort Details
Brownfield's is a vacation tradition and a "locals" favorite. This large souvenir and outdoor store has apparel, hiking goods, shoes and Estes Park as well as Rocky Mountain National Park souvenirs. The knowledgeable staff loves to recommend hiking destinations and the equipment needed for your hiking adventures. Open seasonally Memorial Day through November since 1956.
Estes Park cabins, homes, rooms, and suites bordering Rocky Mountain National Park! Enjoy wood-burning fireplaces and fully-equipped kitchens with a hot tub on-site. Free Wi-Fi, dog friendly lodging (w/ conditions). Spectacular views and great wildlife watching! Easy access to hiking, snowshoeing, back-country skiing! The perfect place for your mountain getaway! McGregor Mountain Lodge Details
- All Estes Park Lodging & Surrounding Areas
- Availability Search
- Cabins, Cottages - Rocky
- Colorado Hiking | Estes Park Hiking Trails
- Colorado Snowshoeing in Rocky Mountain National Park
- Condos, Suites, Homes - Rocky
- Estes Park Colorado Cabins | Cottages too
- Feature Finder (Amenity Search)
- Hiking - Rocky
- Lodging Guide - Cabin, Lodge, Inn, Vacation Home & More!
- Romantic Getaways in Estes Park Colorado | Honeymoon Here
- Snowshoeing - Rocky
- Where to Stay in Estes Park - Rocky
Offering self-guided and guided inn-to-inn hiking trips on the 42 mile Walter Tishma Way. Private hiking and snowshoe day trips. Women's trips. Inn-to-inn guided hiking in Alsace, France. Fully equipped outdoor store, The Warming House, famous for "real boots". In business for 32 years.
All Your Mountain Adventures Under One Roof: hiking, rock climbing, fishing, biking, skiing, snowshoeing, and more...
Birds & Adventure - Hiking, Backpacking, Snowshoeing & Cross-Country Skiing