Whether you like romance, action, laughter or drama, you can find it all at the 2016 Silent Film Festival being presented by the Estes Park Film Festival at the Historic Park Theatre. Everyone from the youngest to the oldest will love these shows where they can see such famous actors and actresses as Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, Fatty Arbuckle, Charlie Chase and many more.
Each day you can see 3 films which will be accompanied on live piano by Scott "Flyin’ Fingers" Wilseck. In addition, 30 minutes prior to the start of the films there will be old time piano music. This is a not-to-be-missed experience, as you will be able to hear the music in the historic theatre built over 100 years ago!
The following films will be played (for specific play times, check schedule on website listed below):
- Out West (1918)
- Family Life (1924)
- One Week (1920)
- Danger Ahead (1926)
- Roaming Romeo (1928)
- The Adventurer (1917)
- Yukon Jake (1924)
- Mighty Like A Moose (1926)
- The Rink (1916)
Adult admission: $10 with 1 child allowed free admittance with each paying adult.
- Aug 11th at 2 pm
- Aug 12th & 13th at 7 pm
- Aug 14th at 4 pm
For more information you can call 970-586-8904 or go the Historic Park Theatre website.
The Rocky Mountain National Park Centennial Night Sky Festival will be going on from July 28-30 throughout the park. Come out and enjoy learning about the many wonders of our sky at night!
Each day between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm at the Moraine Park Discovery Center there will be family activities, booths and solar observing.
On July 28th, on the West side of the park at Harbison Meadow Parking Area at 9:00 pm is the program Celestial Wilderness with a ranger.
Each night there will be activities at several different locations on the East Side of the Park:
7:30 pm at Beaver Meadows Visitor Center
- July 28: Finding New Planets with the Kepler Spacecraft with Bill Possell
- July 29: New Horizons (the FIRST mission to Pluto) with Denise Henry from Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp.
- July 30: TBA
8:30 pm at Moraine Park Campground
- July 28: Rangers of the Lost Dark with Ranger Nick Myers from Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park
- July 29: Night Sky Photography workshop with Stan Honda
- July 30: Barnstorming the Moon with Mark Robinson and the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Camera Team members from ASU School for Earth & Space Exploration
8:30 pm at Glacier Basin Campground
- July 28: Parks after Dark
- July 29: Barnstorming the Moon with Mark Robinson and the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Camera Team members from ASU School for Earth & Space Exploration
- July 30: Night Sky Photography workshop with Stan Honda
9:00 pm at Upper Beaver Meadows
- July 28: Wonders of the Night Sky with Ranger Jon Rees
- July 29: Astronomy in the Park with Ranger Cynthia Langguth
- July 30: Astronomy in the Park with Ranger Paige Lambert